Thread: coconut oil?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
do you mean teaspoons?

there are approximately 3tsps/tablespoon and 40 calories/tsp for coconut oil so you are potentially eating 1400 calories/day in fat. doesn't seem right.

i apologize if i misunderstood your posts.
No you read it right, tablespoons. This is defined in both "Stop Alzheimer's Now" and "What if there was a Cure" books on coconut oil therapy. Both books also talk about reducing carbohydrate intake to achieve weight loss, not calorie counting. Coconut oil burns off very quickly and is an unmistakable sensation, it is definitely not metabolized like carbohydrate.

My nutritionist designed my meal plan around 6-8 tablespoons of coconut oil per day and I was actually losing weight. There was no calorie counting verbalized when making the meal plan. Basically she said for my body weight I must eat 100 g of protien per day, which I get from Whey protein, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, hemp seed, chicken, salmon. She then said I must eat whole vegetables at every meal, which I have 3 cups (at least), comprised of at least two from kale, brocolli, red cabbage, carrots. I also consume berries and large oat flakes every day.

I must say I feel fantastic and the parting words from my family doctor were "I fully support whatever you are doing, keep it up"
satwar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote