Thread: Outraged
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Outraged

"Examined" today by Doctor for Social Security Disability.
I'm upset on so many levels! I'll try to put it in a nutshell as much as possible.
He was probably approx. 65-70 years old, very proper brittish man (imagine the butler in the original "Arthur" movie). He had his own format and made it understood right up front that basically I would only speak when spoken to and asked a direct question.
Anyway, his opinion is that my wrist surgery was badly botched (duh)and failed , the mobility of my wrist and hand could be restored if I had a corrective surgery.
My problems were due to the failed surgery and maybe I had just a "touch" of
RSD.
1. My RSD/CRPS displayed ALL of the classic symptoms, 3 doctors confirmed it. My P.M. Dr. HAS it. The skin symptoms have dramatically improved with nerve blocks.
2. How do you have a "touch" of RSD? Is that like being a little pregnant?
3. My original surgeon refuses to touch me with another surgery due to the RSD.
4. I tried to get a second opinion from another Dr. and he would not give a 2nd opinion post surgery. Why would I have thought to NOT trust the original surgeon before surgery? He was an orthopedic hand surgeon and referred within my insurance network.
I tried to explain this but he would not listen and clearly thought he had the final word.
Words can not say how frustated I am especially as I have to type this with one hand and one finger on the other hand. If I could straighten that one finger I would have another use for it!!!
AZ-Di is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote