View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Silly Diane.. there is no right or wrong way to post information You did just fine!!

I am following Dr. Hooshmands four F's diet although or Paleo way of eating and it does at least for me seem to make a big difference. One thing I have noticed right away is that my weight has stabilized and I am actually eating much more than before eating this way. Since many of the nerve medications like Gabapentin (which I am on a high dose of) and Lyrica etc., all seem to cause weight gain this has been a nice bonus! The other thing I have done regarding my eating habits is to completely remove corn and anything made with corn including or corn fed. I've also almost eliminated Soy which in the US is hard to do considering most everything has some type of soy biproduct in it. This I believe is actually the reason for the weight loss/stability.

At the end of the day most of the information regarding RSD/CRPS is a guideline. Each person responds differently to all forms of treatment whether that be medically based, diet, therapy etc., The best advice we can all give you is to keep a detailed journal of your symptoms, pain levels, environmental factors, eating habits, sleep patterns etc., so that you and your care team can hopefully see patterns in pain triggers or relief. Keep in mind that this is a complex condition in that something that triggered or helped you today may not trigger/help you tomorrow.. it can change like the tide. For me.. keeping out of routine anything helps. What I mean by that is as soon as I find that something is helping me less I stop it for a few days and then try again. Try not to get into the mindset that things will always trigger pain or always relieve pain.. its just not so, and can cause depression on top of everything else we deal with.

Having many ways to distract yourself even if that means just changing your "view" going from inside to outside or reading a book then chatting on the phone; distraction is one of the best ways to get your mind off of pain and or the condition itself.

If you find that the "diet" is to overwhelming to change all at once, try just 2 days per week or one meal per day.. and slowly add another day or another meal. Stressing yourself out about it isn't good either. Just do your best and reward yourself verbally for every good thing you do for your body from here on out, trust me it works!

Hang in there and again.. keep posting without hesitation this isn't an essay board where we are graded

God bless,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote