Thread: Nerves
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Howdy Messy!

All will be well with your trial. The purpose is very transitory and truly just a look into whether you think it worth it to go the distance with the real McCoy in the full on surgical implant.

I did not feel nervousness 'bout the trial effort. I had been through so much by then and the pain was outa sight......so I was a go for the "gimmee this thing right now" temporary gig. It worked. It was FANTASTIC!! I could do things such as EXIST and not want to die. We went walking....not far, but enough and under own power so as to give it a test of the ability to reach out and touch my PAIN in a very real way. I WAS SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Ka - ching]

So, fast forward several weeks [because my trial site became infected an wet with pus] after healing up from the trial attempt. It was the night before surgery for the implant. This was going to be the serious part. The life long test whether I could handle having some foreign electrical gear in my body.... Funny, but that night after making sure of the preparations, taking final meds, trying to calm down to sleep I was WIDE AWAKE with trepidation... After all, what had I gotten into, and what if this expensive venture proved to be a flop???

Finally the ever elusive rest caught up with me. I fell fast asleep, and before I knew it, 5 a.m. arrived. Get up, get ready, head out to the surgery center. Pastor came. Friends and family gathered 'round. We prayed. That gal RRAE here and several others "carried" me through the event keeping vigil over the whats and howzits and R Yuh OKzzzzzzzz and lo, and behold, the surgeon [who has since fired me as a patient for he only wants to treat people who are not on ........ medicare] proved himself to be the top drawer, top notch, good hands surgeon whom everyone had made him out to be. He did a super job.

IT WORKED!!!!! Then, blessing of all blessings, only to be known by CoralToes and me to my knowledge as patients so far, I was allowed to program myself. That not only went real well, but the result was I have NEVER required the never ending litany of tweaking so frequent on these pages, the program has functioned wonderfully, and I have been a happy camper!! Got my career restarted, and I am jazzed!!!! What can I say? I am thrilled I "bought this particular winning lotto ticket!!"

Just like RRAE said, I followed the post surgical restrictions to the best of ability. In weeks I was chomping at the bit to resume my career. I had withdrawn from all....and I mean ALL pain medications. Life was coming back. I felt so very much as though I wanted back into hyper speed, it seemed I was running very fast ahead of the economy, ahead of the absorption rate of re-entrants into the practice, and I failed for quite a while to get back into the work thing. Finally, it all came together, and I know very well it could not have been for anything other than having the stim.

Remember BLAST! It is in the stickies at the top of this board page. A discussion about those post surgical things to DO which enhance the likelihood for personal best success as you heal.

So, guess what? I will pray all goes well with ya,
Yup!
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (09-11-2013), MessyMark (09-11-2013), Rrae (09-16-2013)