Old 09-11-2013, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 100 Days with no Sinemet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilmar View Post
Jim
I have read your journey with interest though no intention of trying it myself

It leaves me wondering about your hopes and plans for yourself and do you think with time you will improve as it seems that you are still not entirely convinced you have Parkinsons, or do I have that wrong.

As to your questions I cannot answer them, perhaps those you live with have an opinion. It would be interesting to know what they think.
Hi dilmar,

Thanks for responding. Let me respond to your questions.

I believe I have Parkinson's. As I studied the disease I found cause to wonder if I may have been misdiagnosed. I had the DaTscan to try to reaffirm that it indeed was Parkinson's and to remove the doubters reasoning as to the "remarkable" journey I find myself on (My Neurologist said it was remarkable on 7/11, OVER 2 MONTHS AGO).

I believe with all my heart that the meds, which in the beginning help a lot to resolve the relatively minor symptoms, bring far greater problems as time passes. Symptoms that doctors deal with by advising more meds, which bring more problems...and those problems are blamed on the disease instead of meds. I believe my experience has validated that.

Look at my situation today. I no longer need to take Sinemet 10/100 1/4 tablet every half hour. Presently it's other meds (no Sinemet) morning and night. I no longer have "on and off" periods. I do for the first time have freezing to deal with. I no longer have to sit on my hand, or hold on to my armrest to control the shaking while I drive. But now I struggle a bit getting in and out of my car. I can go out to eat and order anything without asking for help cutting meat- etc., etc.

I hope that helps. I will end this by saying how much better is my life now than it was 4 months. WHEN I ACCIDENTALLY STUMBLED INTO THIS EXPERIMENT!!!!

Jim
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (09-12-2013), dilmar (09-11-2013), natnat (09-01-2014), TrishaPDX (09-11-2013)