View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura13 View Post
Hi, I don't know what to do.

I've had two discetomies (looked up the terminology, think I got it right... They removed herniations from my L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs), and still have herniations now. They're pressing on nerves, so I have pain and weakness. I went to a clinic and had three epidural corticosteroid injections, to no avail.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is, my surgeon said if they do more surgery, they are going to have to fuse stuff. I know you guys aren't doctors (probably), but I wanted some other opinions besides my own worried mind. Also I needed to vent about it.

Thank you so much for reading,

Laura
Hey Laura,

I have discs fused and there is nothing wrong with having that done, mine was done to fix disc pressure on nerves causing me alot of pain (read this thread from the beginning as it is my story) and it resolved it big time, but i only considered this option when all other possibilities had been thoroughly investigated,checked out and tried until failure, only then consider fusion surgery, for me all other avenues did not work, surgery was the only option left for me and praise God it thankfully fixed me (that was 6 years ago now and i am still pain free). Others in here have also been fixed by fusion surgery so don't fear mate ....just do your homework on it and when it truly is the last resort for you, go for it.

Let us know how you get on and we are here if you have any questions.

Cheers
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote