View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New dx of Chronic Pain Syndrome

Saw the doc at UCSF yesterday and after both he and his resident asked me a ton of questions and did their exams he says I have Chronic Pain Syndrome. Not just the pain, but an actual syndrome. It was triggered from my burn back in late 2011. FINALLY! This is good for my lawsuit because I knew it was related but every doc was too afraid to put their name down saying it was related.

From what I can tell, it's one of those all encompassing things that have a ton of symptoms, just like MS. My nervous system went haywire from the pain and I guess has shorted my body. He said that I don't have true neuropathy, but if he did a skin biopsy he'd guess that at least a little would show up. This is why I don't have numbness, just the buzzing and such. He said yes, it can flare (just like it did a couple months ago). It brings fatigue and mental fog, which I'm suffering.

He said I need to do more physical therapy to help. From the little bit I've read online it seems that a steady diet of both exercise and rest is needed. I really don't think I'll achieve that while working full time. I really need to take some time off work in order to heal. Once I go through my mediation hearing next month I'll know how much I'm getting. I really hope it's 7 figures so I can buy a house and take at least a few years off. I'm just getting worse and worse while working. My PCP was ready to take me off work a few months ago.

I asked him about supplements and he suggested a good multi-vitamin instead of the separate stuff. Not sure if that's good or not.

Anybody else have this?
chaos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (09-11-2013), barb02 (09-15-2013), Debbie D (09-12-2013), dmplaura (09-14-2013), Erika (09-11-2013), Mariel (09-15-2013), My3sons (09-18-2013), NurseNancy (09-11-2013), SallyC (09-11-2013), tkrik (09-11-2013)