View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenCraig View Post
Greetings,

I'm looking to get some insight on a sudden unexplainable episode I experienced today. I have no clue what caused it and it's got me a bit shaken. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My friends and I were driving to yoga when I began feeling a bit funny. It started with a cold sweat followed by tingling in the hands and feet. My hands began to lock up and curl in on themselves, becoming very rigid and hard to move. At that point I told my friend and we pulled over.

Once outside the car I squatted down and focused on breathing while my friend tried to gently open my hands. After a short while I was able to stand and get back in the car. I had regained some mobility in my hands but they were still tingling along with my feet, mouth and neck.

Once we had arrived at our destination I was led inside as I was having trouble walking. I took two antihistamines and sat down to relax. After drinking some water and breathing deeply I felt much better and thought it was over. I laid back and slipped a light sleep.

Around twenty minutes later I awoke to another episode 10x worse than before. It was so intense that I yelled out as my arms, hands and fingers locked up and curled in on themselves, clenching so tightly that it was painful. The tingling sensation was moving all over my body and I was sweating profusely and my heart was pounding. I couldn't move my mouth muscles well but was able to describe what I was feeling to those who were monitoring me.

Thinking it might be low blood sugar or shock of some kind I was given fruit juice and dried apples which seemed to help some. I kept breathing through it, hoping it would subside like before but it was persistent. It took about an hour to wear off before I was essentially back to normal.

Now all I have is a slight tingling and numbness in the outside fingers and palms of both hands that doesn't seem to be fading.

I'm very worried it might be a symptom of something serious.

Things we considered:
Panic Attack (I was very relaxed)
Severe Allergic Reaction (Antihistamines didn't help)
Neurotoxin
Seizure (No seizing, just tingling and clenching and I was fully aware)

I have not yet found anything on the Internet that sounds similar. I'm hoping someone on here has experienced this and knows what it might be.

Some information about myself:

26, male, sober, occasional smoker
Thin and fit, no major health issues
Vegan, no major food allergies
Dehydration, electrolyte imbalance, panic attack, seizure. Your self assessment may not be accurate, + not all seizures cause loss of awareness.
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AllenCraig (09-11-2013)