View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 03:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

September 11, 2013. Fourth and final. In an earlier post, I wrote that I would be going through six cycles of P Stim.
After talking with my Dr ,on Monday, we decided that this would be my last cycle. I have not had enough of a change to justify the amount stress this device has caused. Although the frequency of stabbing pain in my back has lessened, I can't say whether it is from the P Stim or because I have not done much of anything strenuous in the past few weeks.
The pain in my legs is about the same. I know that I wrote that I was having some good days but at this point I can not say that it is because of the P Stim or that it would have happened anyway.

Now He wants to implant a Medtronic Neurostimulation device. Did I say 'IMPLANT', not sure about that. (time to do some research; again)

Met an 83 year old retired Nurse who has been dealing with back pain for 50 years. She said none of the Gizmos have worked for Her, "Stick with the Meds".

The people I have met in the waiting room at the doctors office have all had the same issues as me. There was one Woman who claimed that she barely noticed the device but then I found that she is taking multiple drugs AND having injections. Hmmm.

For now, I guess, I will be going back to trying different meds. :-(

Good luck with your searches for relief,
Troy
Azzabar2003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote