Old 09-12-2013, 09:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Hey Mark56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Paddles at trial........

Huh......

Nope, it was the "quick and dirty" [well something was not quite clean if I wound up with infection] insertion of leads. You see, to insert the paddles in my permanent implant, it was necessary to do a laminectomy allowing for the space needed which would have been a more invasive trial effort [as well as expensive]. Just leads for trial here. Yup.

I am a paddlin on anyway......

May all be well with you,
Yeah I had the same reaction when I was told it was going to be paddles for trial so when the rep from medtronics that works with my doctors office called (at my request) I asked him if that was standard procedure for my surgeon and he said yes he has been doing it this way for sometime. He also answered some other questions I had about coverage concerning the areas I have pain in He replied should have no problem covering those areas I should be able to cover you from your lower back to your toes if you like. He then went on to say that my surgeon has the highest success rate in the this region. As for my question about how long it was going to take for the implant of the trial he told me that it would take about 2 hours part of it I would be awake for it and the other part they would be putting me under. Then when I wake up I would be working with Denny (medtronics rep that I was speaking with on the phone) So from what I can Gather I will be the first here on NT to have it done this way maybe ? Well if it all works out like it should I will be very grateful. Thats why I have been asking so many questions trying to figure out if anyone else has ever had a trial with the paddles ?

MessyMark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-14-2013), Rrae (09-16-2013)