Thread: Nerves
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I didn't think they could do a trial with paddles either. As Mark56 said, there is usually a laminectomy that is required to get those paddle leads in place. Fortunately when I had my revision, switching from percutaneous to paddle leads, they did not have to do the laminectomy...doc said the path was already there and they were able to use it You would definitely want the doc to go in and secure those paddles down better than how they are in the trial and it sounds like that is what he will do. Very interesting. And it is great that you have such confidence in your doc, that is very important!!

Everyone is different in their healing and how soon they can walk out that door in confidence. I only took 1 1/2 weeks off from work after having both SCS's implanted at the same time. It was really too soon. When I had the revision and one battery moved, I took 2 1/2 weeks off...that was better. My trial was 7 days, half was at home and half at work. But I still needed that 6-8 week healing period to use caution with BLAST, etc.

I would highly recommend what Rae suggested - get one of those grabby things. I actually got two of them, one for work and one for home...they are helpful!! It is good that you are putting things in reach too, you will really appreciate it when the time comes

And, we have similar tastes in music LOVE Eric Clapton and Led Zep!!

I wish you the best, you will do great as all signs are pointing that way
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-14-2013), Rrae (09-16-2013)