View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty View Post
For those wondering it happen on 8/16.

Overall I think my some of symptoms improved. But I still deal with anxiety / panic attack here and there, not like I used to though. I still can't sleep like I used.

When do these symptoms improve?

Thanks.
Hi Arty and welcome to NT.

We can't answer "when" specifically, as all TBIs are different and they heal on their own schedule. Quiet rest and good nutrition are important; check out the “Vitamins and Supplements” thread in the sticky section above.

As brain injuries go, yours is fairly recent and I would expect you will see your symptoms continue to improve. If your PCP isn’t familiar with mTBI (many aren’t) consider a referral to a MD specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (physiatrist) that is experienced in TBI rehabilitation. Personally I find that meditation is helpful in regards to the anxiety you describe.

You may also want to check out this "Sleep discussion" thread:

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread193933.html

Best to you as you recover.
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote