View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

anonymous730, I relate to the feelings expressed in your post almost to a ti! Thank you for posting, all of you. This is really giving me some support from others who know what it's like to have this monster attacking your body and mind. Those sudden shock/stab pains are SO UNPREDICTABLE and so bad that I can't breathe. I have been having a horrible week so far. I am concerned the CRPS is spreading up the front of my leg. There is a hairless, purple line, and it started tingling/prickling with electrical sensations about 2 weeks ago. Now it is almost constant and leaning toward burning. This is EXACTLY how the now very, very painful area started. I am sooo anxious about this.

I am having a lot of other stress this week which doesn't help. I called my doc about that new sensation last week, and a nurse returned my call and got me mixed up with another patient. So instead of getting what could have been crucial advice, I was told to go to the ER because it might be an infection after my operation... i had no operation. Anyway, I have an appointment about an hour from now and a piece of paper full of very specific questions, so I am prepared. I am going to ask them to add lidocane to my compound ketamine cream. I am going to ask what exactly I should be doing in PT (more on this in a few). I am going to ask about risks/benefits of the sympathetic lumbar blocks, which I have many concerns about (as stated already in this thread).

Well, at PT on Tuesday, I had the worst appointment ever. I was in 8-9 pain range, should probably have not even drove there. It was SO hard to concentrate and interact. I started on the bike and could barely even do the lowest setting without pain spikes. I stretched on the stairs and had lots of pain. Then the PT put me on the table and I was having stabbing pains and it was very intense and painful. Then he came out with a big piece of silly-putty substance and told me to squeeze as hard as I needed and then he put ice pack right on it again! I was so shocked. I have already said multiple times I do not want to do that hot-cold treatment anymore! To both PTs that I have seen there! I was so upset and it was also extremely painful, 10/10 pain, I was writhing around on the table trying to get out of it, felt like I was going to pass out. The pain was so bad I was crying like a baby. It was horrible, and I felt embarrassed crying because there were other people there. The pain was soooo much worse. He said it helped the discoloring (which was atrocious this day), but it didn’t look like it did to me, and it just got worse in a minute. I asked him if he was sure about that cold treatment and he said yes, but I am not. Anyway, I did some ankle movements and then heat pad and left. I need to get more PT authorized from the doc to go back. I am getting weary about that PT place, and next time I will outright demand NOT HOT/COLD or I will just leave! Well the rest of the night really sucked, and it didn’t feel safe driving home, too much pain, I’m anxious that I might lose control of the vehicle. Also I couldn’t get my clonazepam refilled today, has to wait until 9/13, having a terrible streak of bad sleep nights.

Then yesterday I met with a lawyer and it turned out to be really great. It was only supposed to be a 30 min free consultation but it turned into a 2 hour free consultation. He got lots of info, comprehensive of my whole situation, took a lot of notes, made copies, even made a tape recording himself and me a little. I asked all the questions I needed to ask and said what I needed to say. This guy has been doing WC law for over 40 years and he is very successful, and he seems honest and like a genuine "i will help you" kind of guy. He even said I don't need to hire him at that time, because no pressing legal issues, except for that WC won't pay my psychiatric care, which is needed directly because of the injury, but I don't want to pursue that at this time because my employer benefits are still in effect and they pay it full, well, except for prescriptions, so I'll think about it. Anyway, he gave me some cards and said he would help me and that I could call and even meet with him for free without paying him a dime. He told me to show a card to my NCM today at my appointment, and say I talked to a lawyer, didn't hire him yet, but he offered to talk and meet with me anytime something important comes up. Maybe that will slow her down a bit. I am DEFINITELY not able or ready to go back to work, don't even think I can do a sitting job. I usually have to get whatever work on the computer I can done in the morning because the pain gets so much worse throughout the day, especially evening/night.

Well I feel pretty delirious now from lack of sleep and that prickling sensation on the front of my leg feels like needles are permanently over the area like a needle cloth, not quite poking or burning yet, but definitely annoying and uncomfortable. Wish me luck, going to eat something then head to the doctor.

Also I will try to attach pictures later if I am feeling up to it to show y'all the spot where it seems to be spreading, looks very strange, just a hairless, purple line right up the front of my shin going toward my inner-knee.
vividDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote