Thread: Nerves
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 01:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyMark View Post
Yeah I did my homework on him before I choose him. I had a choice of two docs him and another doc . This one has much better credentials then the other. My surgeon is head of the neuro department at upmc in Pittsburgh and also chief of neuro at pittsburgh medical school also a teaching professor at the school. Like I was told unfortunately if the trial is not a success then of course I have to be put back under to remove it. But if it is a success then of course as I said before I go back under and he adds the lengthening leads to the already placed paddles and finishes the implant by putting the device onto one of my sides. He refuses to put them in the butt area says he has had to many problems with them in that area. I was glad to hear that about placement I have read alot of people on here having problems in that area.
Hey Mark! So glad you found a good dr, it is a rarity! I am actually looking for a new one as I do not have the confidence in mine any longer. He was great at first but then he moved to a new/different practice, then he and everything changed. I need another revision on my thoracic lead, the paddle has migrated up. I had my dr move that battery because it really bothered me in my butt area. He moved it to my front/side, not quite at the bottom of my ribcage and now it is twisted (and hurting). Glad your dr is aware of the placement issues.

I am still undecided whether to have the revision or have both SCS's removed. Mine are placed for RSD/CRPS pain in all four extremities. I am torn as they did help for a while, but I cannot keep having revisions. Every surgery risks spread of RSD/CRPS.

Remind me, when is your trial? I am sure it will go great!!

Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-14-2013), MessyMark (09-12-2013), Rrae (09-16-2013)