View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 05:26 PM
anon6715

anon6715

Hi Liz

I'm sorry I didn't see your post before now. I am pretty new to CRPS too. Mine developed following wrist surgery in December 2012. I was very luck to have a knowledgeable surgeon. I saw him to have my cast removed six weeks after the surgery and he knew as soon as he saw my hand. I started physiotherapy almost immediately.

To start off with, they physio was nothing more than the therapist gently massaging and 'stretching' my fingers and wrist (though calling it stretching is, well, a bit of a stretch). I have had physiotherapy once a week since then. I have much more mobility now than I did then but I am certainly not at normal mobility levels. The pain is always there but it does fluctuate.

I also found that it spread to my entire arm pretty quickly. I try very hard to stay positive and keep going. I have to say, I haven't really dealt with the idea of having CRPS for the rest of my life. I suppose so far I'm coping with it by not looking too far into the future. I'm not sure that is the best way at all but it is the best I can do for now.

I will say that finding this board has been a great help to me. The people here are fantastic and are always willing to share their knowledge and experience. It seems a bit wrong (and a bit late) to say welcome...but, Welcome!

Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz0323 View Post
I was just recently diagnosed as having crps. I was forced to go to 4 different doctors and finally went to my first pain managment appointment monday. Every DR. agreed on what I have. I was wondering if maybe anybody could give me advice on a few different things. First off, this happened after I had surgery on my wrist through a workers compensation injury. Any advice on dealing with workers comp and rsd? Its spread from my wrist up my whole arm already. My biggest question... I'm only 26. Im so scared of a life of this. How do you handle this emotionally and mentally without falling apart? My dr has told me this was ignored for too long by my surgeon and theres no chance of it ever going into remission. I wanted to be able to talk to real people who deal with this instead of different drs who all have a million different opinions and websites which just confuse me more.

Liz
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote