View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 05:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused seizures or migraines?

I am diagnosed as having migraines, and they seem to be related to light. And granted I do believe I have typical migraines but sometimes I wonder if that is really the issue?? And I was hoping to get a little advice

I am very sensitive to light but not necessarily my eyes, it's my brain (or so I believe). And many of times that is the biggest trigger for my migraines. I work in a retail store & they have hundreds of bright, flickering, florescent lights. And I tend to have more or severe migraines during a full work week versus vacation time. As well, I tend to get triggered when watching movies or TV, as well after being on the computer/phone/tablet longer than a couple of hours (quicker if in the dark).

My main concern is that migraines are not the only symptom I get from lights. I also get nauseous, light headed, spacey, brain fogged, anxious & even sad. I even at times completely space out, or feel drugged for a few seconds.

I understand those are some of the same symptoms of certain migraines. However other things that make me wonder is: uncontrollable yawning (during the episode). As well: sometimes I get NO HEADACHE with them. I just feel completely disoriented & light headed.

It's so complicated when talking about seizures & migraines with aura. I have no idea how to differentiate the 2
Sweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote