Thread: coconut oil?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy99 View Post
Satwar Thanks for your excellent responses. I'm going to follow your suggestion and bump up my dose. I'll let you know how it goes. I will also make some diet adjustments. How long at 6 to 8 tablespoons before you realized it was the oil kicking in and improving your situation?
Please keep in mind that everyone is different, and will respond differently. I'm looking back in my diary and some of the non-PD improvements (clear mind, positive mood) became apparent after 2 weeks. I also had my first episode of cessation of right hand tremor, which lasted several hours. The fading of my right hand tremor has not been a linear improvement, but I can now look forward to a significant portion of each new day without tremor, as long as I remain stress free. My remaining challenge is to see if my tremor will become more resistant to stress. I have to keep reminding myself that PD took 23 years (diagnosed for 13 years) to get to where I am today, so it may take a few years to repair that damage. I'm not waiting for a miracle, and am thankful for what I have already achieved. The certainty of living in a wheel chair in the future has become a little less certain in these past few months.

The coconut oil gave me a beach-head to launch my battle against PD. I had my blood work done after about 1 1/2 months and the results gave me the courage to make a lifetime commitment to coconut oil. Then I consulted with a nutritionist to get my diet plan and help me in getting my weight down.
It is really quite a juggling act, trying to lose weight, and decrease my tremor, and eat nutritious meals. My first attempt at reducing my weight on my own failed miserably. I was almost disabled by my tremor. Fortunately a good well balanced meal with carbohydrate pulled me out of the tremor. The meal planning by a nutritionist has now solved that problem.

Good Luck. And take it slow on increasing the dosage, it can cause intestinal distress.

I should also mention I take omega 3 oil because coconut oil does not have any. I take a number of other supplements but have not seen any improvement to my symptoms like I did with coconut oil.

Last edited by satwar; 09-13-2013 at 06:49 AM.
satwar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote