View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Sal...

We moms know nothing, as far as our children are concerned...until they start to really hit the road bumps of life. Then we become so smart suddenly

Do you think part of it is that she's just plain scared? She has seen what you've experienced...

I am very negative about doctors in general. Mainly because they don't take what we say about our bodies seriously-and who knows our bodies better than we do?

I play the good girl when I'm in the neuro's office, but I vent to DH about how I feel about him and almost all docs. I have to admit that my neuro was amenable to going off DMDs, which surprised me, because I also feel that for the most part neuros seem to hand out scripts like a clown in a parade hands out candies.

So if your daughter is well-informed and goes into the doc's office with her questions and addresses her concerns about DMDs with a knowledge base, I am sure that she will be listened to.

I hope she continues to take care of herself-the stress that she has been under can't help either...I will pray for her-and for her mom
ANNagain (09-13-2013), barb02 (09-12-2013), Erika (09-12-2013), ewizabeth (09-16-2013), jprinz99 (09-13-2013), SallyC (09-12-2013)