View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Member / Looking for new Doctor

I'll try to keep this short, though I'm sure thats impossible. My girlfriend had a hand injury that was making her tendons between her pinky and ring finger slide out of place. Her 2 fingers functioned painfully, but it least it was functionable. It was a work place injury and Labor and Industries was responsible. It went a year as being diagnosed as a contusion. Finally we saw a doctor that said he knew what the problem was, and could fix it.

She had surgery, which was not successful. Since then, her fingers have gone into contracture, and shes in constant pain. Her new hand doctor diagnosed her with CRPS, along with her chronic pain doctor, and the neruologist.

Her bone scane was possitive, but both the EMG and Nerve conduction were negative.

Cymbalta had bad side effects. Lyrica helped with her clarity, but unfortunatly did not help enough with the pain, and at higher dose her hair was falling out. Topamax made her way to "antsy", and made her forget where she was, and drop things. Horrible drug for her.

She is on 3600mg of Gabapentin, 2100mg Oxcarbazepine, 24mg Tizanidine, and 75mg of Amitriptyline daily. She also smokes medical marijuana to help with pain and nausea.

She had some blood work done, and her sodium was low so the doctor lowered her Oxcabenzapine to 1200mg a day. This sent her pain through the roof. She has since then gone back to 2100mg a day, but the pain has not returned to "normal".

She has some IME's scheduled at the end of the month to get some more opinions. Shes trying to get a pain pump approved. She had a temporary epidural catheter placed in April that helped her hand open a great amount and relieve the pain. But Labor and Industries called the trial a failure. This blows my mind.

Is there anyone from Washington State that has a good chronic pain doctor? She does not get any actual pain medication prescribed to her. Just medications that mess with her brain / nervous system. We are thinking of trying another doctor. Maybe one that has more experience with CRPS / RSD.

Her and I could both use some help / encouragment. I try to stay possitive, but she does not see the light at the end of the tunnel, and hates life right now. I am what keeps her going.

Thanks for listening.
Heffe
RSD_PITA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote