View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 01:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=vividDC;1014149]Those sudden shock/stab pains are SO UNPREDICTABLE and so bad that I can't breathe. I have been having a horrible week so far. I am concerned the CRPS is spreading up the front of my leg. There is a hairless, purple line, and it started tingling/prickling with electrical sensations about 2 weeks ago. Now it is almost constant and leaning toward burning. This is EXACTLY how the now very, very painful area started. I am sooo anxious about this. [QUOTE]

I have lots of those red/purple lines you speak of on my right leg, below the knee shin area. This is the leg my RSD started in. Although mine (the lines / vessels) are not necessarily painful. I have gotten lots more of them over the years (almost 10 years in now) on that same leg. My left leg does not have any at all… yet. BUT all of my limbs, hands, feet, and sometimes my chest and face have that lovely spotted red color. My RSD / CRPS II is full body.

PT: I am concerned about your treatment. Are you going to PT at a hospital? I am concern that they are pushing too much. If it hurts, you should stop. And ice is a no, no. I have found that a warm/hot bath will help to relax my muscles. Epson salts help too. I mean nothing is a cure, but moments of some relief are welcoming.

The searing lightning strikes are the worst of the pains I feel. They will literally take my breath away! I always, involuntarily, have a quick “uh” sound while gasping for air. Or if they last for any length of time it becomes way more vocal, colorful language, intense and scary. Whenever they happen, I always fear how long they will last, and how intense they will be. I usually think of this as my body saying, that’s it! Whatever you were doing, stop or I’ll keep screaming at you with jolts of electricity. Sometimes that’s just sitting, and therefore, for me, means go lay down… now! The good news for me is that they always pass, and the bad news, they always return.

Hang in there girl and perhaps the doctor will be able to help answer some questions for you.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote