View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the responses!

It’s STILL raining. I think this is like day three? This is not over yet. Suppose to be another ½ inch p/hour all day today. The city has slowed to a crawl, if not stopped all together in some places. The governor has declared Colorado a disaster area, and has called in the National Guard and Coast Guard. MANY, many road closures. This morning they closed the interstate (I-25) all the way to Wyoming. They are now starting to get a few of the stranded folks to higher ground or safe places. I can’t take my eyes off the news! My husband did his normal 45 mile (one way) drive to work today (west toward the mountains), while the rest of us are home safe. He normally drives a little tiny car to save gas, but last night I insisted he take the HUGE gas guzzling SUV. I haven’t talked with him yet to hear what things looked like on his way in. I should hear from him soon. I’m looking forward to that, just to know he’s okay.

When it rains and floods, that is bad enough. When it rushes down mountaintops with rocks, mud and debris into towns/cities, well that’s just plain scary! I am really concerned now about rockslides. I think folks forget how you must respect these mountains just like you would the ocean. From what I understand there are a couple of lady hikers stranded in mountain snow. They can’t get to them yet. So when the clouds part and I can see the mountain range again, I guess we will see snow in the high country. There are 160 kids stuck in the mountains at some outdoor ed they were doing. I really feel for those parents, and all the folks who have lost a family member in this (there has been loss of life), and the displaced families who have lost everything in the blink of an eye.

Thoughts of the day: Pause and hug, kiss and love on those you love. We just don’t know what a day will bring. It’s times like these that I pause and say to myself; just when you think you’re having a bad day, there is always someone else having an even worse day than you.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (09-13-2013), pooh_ac (09-13-2013)