View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Frown I was just dx'd with Hemiplegic Migraines!

Hi all.

This has been, hands down, the worst week of my life. On Monday I had an attack where I had double vision, loss of balance, shaking, and an inability to speak. Plus a migraine headache (but I'm used to those - been having 4-6/month for a while now). My father-in-law took me to my GP because the last time it happened my doctor told me to come in so he could see it in person.

2 1/2 hours later I was seen by a nurse practitioner. By then most of the symptoms has subsided. She gave me a shot of Imitrex and a script for oral Imitrex and sent me on my way.

The next day, the same attack happened - this time at work. I was driven to the ER by a coworker. As soon as the attack started I took an Imitrex... and I might as well have taken a tic tac.

Long story short, at the beginning of the week I had a job I loved and was in the process of applying to grad school. Now, I've lost my job, spent 2 days in critical care, had a plethora of tests, been diagnosed with a lifelong condition, and lost my independence.

Worst. Week. Ever.
UpeaAiti is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote