View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 02:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Joy,

Let me clarify some things..

Sneeze with your mouth open. That may lessen the pain as it reduces the pressure.

Bleeding is only normal for the first few days post op. Not normal 19 days post op.

The pinkish drainage may or may not be a sign of infection. If this drainage has not decreased daily and/or it continue beyond another week... either see the OS or see a different OS for evaluation.

Over the counter mouthwash is marketed as a means of killing bad bacteria. However it kills ALL bacteria, good and bad as it cannot distinguish between the two. It is never beneficial to kill the good bacteria. Mouthwash also contains alcohol, chemicals, preservatives and dyes.... all of which are very irritating to the oral tissue and serve no beneficial purpose. The alcohol causes a reduction in salivary flow which predisposes the user to tooth decay.

If you are not significantly improved within another week, see the OS or see a different OS for a clinical evaluation.

Bryanna
Bryanna,
Just wanted to let you know I went in for my "follow up" appt. Before the extraction the peridontist said he wanted to see me after my tooth was pulled. Basically to see how much of the jaw bone was infected. Since it had been a month & 2 weeks post op and my jaw was still hurting. Not to mention the nasty drainage from the site of the extraction. I was hoping to finally get to the bottom of this. Well the appt was just with the regular dentist. I expressed my concern about seeing the peridontist. So the assistant talked to him switched me to a different room. When the Dr. came in he said "let me see what you're complaining about." I thanked him for seeing me and he said he felt harassed. Because now he wasn't going to get a lunch. He poked and proded. Then said, "It's still infected. Make an appt with me in two months". I asked him what I should do because it still hurt a lot and was draining. He was very put out and said he could write an RX for antibiotics. Frankly by the time I got to my car was was crying. When I gathered my thoughts I called a Dr. I used to work for, he's an ENT. He called me in some antibiotics and a mouth rinse. He requested the xrays & pan scan. He said he will see me next weej and decide if I need an oral surgeon. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT PLACE AGAIN!
Joy T. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote