View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Joy,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I feel so badly when patients are mistreated What a jerk that dentist was!!! Can I ask... was this dental office a clinic, a franchise type of business, or an HMO office with dentists of varying specialties all working out of the same office?l

Glad you have an appointment with an ENT Dr. Yes, he would be able to refer you to an oral surgeon. Make sure that you take all of your pre and post op xrays to the ENT Dr. Don't be shy about calling that dentist office and requesting them. They are your property.

I hope things calm down for you very soon. But even if they do, please follow through and see the ENT and anyway.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy T. View Post
Bryanna,
Just wanted to let you know I went in for my "follow up" appt. Before the extraction the peridontist said he wanted to see me after my tooth was pulled. Basically to see how much of the jaw bone was infected. Since it had been a month & 2 weeks post op and my jaw was still hurting. Not to mention the nasty drainage from the site of the extraction. I was hoping to finally get to the bottom of this. Well the appt was just with the regular dentist. I expressed my concern about seeing the peridontist. So the assistant talked to him switched me to a different room. When the Dr. came in he said "let me see what you're complaining about." I thanked him for seeing me and he said he felt harassed. Because now he wasn't going to get a lunch. He poked and proded. Then said, "It's still infected. Make an appt with me in two months". I asked him what I should do because it still hurt a lot and was draining. He was very put out and said he could write an RX for antibiotics. Frankly by the time I got to my car was was crying. When I gathered my thoughts I called a Dr. I used to work for, he's an ENT. He called me in some antibiotics and a mouth rinse. He requested the xrays & pan scan. He said he will see me next weej and decide if I need an oral surgeon. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THAT PLACE AGAIN!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote