View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 08:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca44 View Post
Thanks Harry. Yeah, I've been searching 'lipoatrophy' for a couple days now. I caught wind of a study that put the percentage around 45%. Perhaps it was the same one...
After talking to the nurse at Shared Solutions she was polite, to a point, but seemed to get more defensive when I told her I was disappointed that the drug literature didn't stress this side effect. She told me "it's there in the patient's only section", which it is of course, but when I told HER that was virtually the same in my eyes as burying the facts in fine print and CYA ('cover your ***') by technicality she couldn't pass me to the pharmacy department fast enough.

I was told my "after market experience" would be reported and recorded.
...which makes it all better (dripping with sarcasm of course).

becca44
Becca,

This is my opinion on the CRAB drugs....all four companies who make them are constantly in a battle for market share. The revenue generation in just a few percentage point shift in this area results in millions of $$$ since the approved MS drug market is huge!

So the last thing any of these companies wants is ANY kind of negative advertising about their MS drug. Consequently, like you stated, this kind of info is "buried" in the fine print which often gets missed or glossed over by the user.

It's all about the money, Becca and that isn't going to change.

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote