View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks!

Last year they had fires close to their place and it made it unscathed. Praying that that it makes it through this!

They have planned on retiring in Colorado for years. They went to many areas and decided on Estes Park. My mom bought the Danish Cone and stayed out there and worked in the summer. My dad went to visit once a month and continued to work for the company he owns in Michigan. When the economy tanked and they realized that retiring would be pushed back. My mom sold the store. They kept the Condo. They travel out usually once a year and keep the condo rented out.

A couple years back my dad had a dural AVM and they were at the condo. He eventually was transferred to a hospital down the mountain (in or near Aurora I think) where he had brain surgery. It was terrifying having it all happen when my sister and I were here in Michigan and they were there. I have begged them not to move because of it or at least consider somewhere not quite as remote. Colorado is beautiful and I know they love Estes Park. The pictures I've seen of the water and damage is saddening.

The devastation mother nature can do is horrible! I lived in Florida through 2 hurricane; seasons and 4 hurricanes total.

I hope you have been able to get your medications!