View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My goodness Fbodgrl, that would be terribly frightening with what happened to your Dad and being so far away. I’m glad he’s okay now, or at least I hope that’s the case! The rains and flooding would be bad enough but the areas that have had fire damage on the mountains; well that’s just insult to injury. I can understand why they would like to retire in Estes. I grew up in Chicago and I am here to tell you that the winters are not even comparable to your area. The winters up north (Illinois, Michigan, etc.) they are brutal! A cold that comes off that lake that just cuts you to the bone. It’s not like that here, not at all. Fun fact: Colorado has more sunshine than Florida. Crazy hu? But true. I don’t think I could live next to the ocean for fear of hurricanes. Those are pretty scary! Don’t get me wrong, I love the ocean and visit as much as I can, but there are a lot of things that come with it that I’m not sure I could handle.

Hey Bram, Thanks for asking! We’ve had a bit of a reprieve from the rains but from what they are saying http://www.thedenverchannel.com/weather we have more rain on the way, it’s still not over yet. I was looking here http://www.thedenverchannel.com/traf...34-co-14-co-72 (there’s lots of video and pictures too) to try and figure out my route, to try and venture out to get meds in a few minutes. Good grief there is a ton of road closures.

You’re right about the fretting, we have bottled up a small amount of water because there for a while our water supply was coming into question, but so far we’re okay (that's not true for everyone though). Food: It usually takes a blizzard for new folks in the area to realize just how much of our food is trucked in. with all the road closures and more rain on the way, this could be the next thing they are talking about. We still have several interstates/roads closed today. I really do feel for all those who have been greatly impacted by this in one way or another. The sunshine in all this is not coming from the sky, but rather the local community banding together to help thy neighbor. That is a beautiful thing!

I sure was hurting again last night. My body KNOWS that more is coming.

Okay… I’m going to turn this thing off and venture out for meds. Thanks so much you guys/gals! Your warm thoughts are truly felt!
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (09-14-2013), fbodgrl (09-14-2013), Nanc (09-14-2013)