View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 11:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sometimes, yep I certainly do.

Give yourself a break though . You are dealing with two very difficult situations - pregnancy with a toddler already around to stress you and physically challenge you every minute, and of course CRPS to cause immense pain and difficulty with every little thing you want to do. But hey,you can't do as much as a normal person, and every thing you do manage is a bonus when pain is high. Your husband knows this, and you have to accept that it is not your fault that you can't do stuff sometimes.

I had a major wobbly when contemplating a wheelchair last year. I didn't want to be a person in a wheelchair getting stared at and judged and commented on. But my OT said a very wise thing - who cares what other people think? As long as you know what you can and can't reasonably do, and you know that you are using this thing because it helps you, then screw anyone who tries to make you feel bad. Your family and close friends know the situation, a few folk might ask questions, but the majority of people will leave you to it. The relief of doing something daft like shopping without a stick, and needing to be helped by someone, and having to stop halfway through because of wanting to just break down, was huge. I've never yet regretted using it.

What you do, you do for your family and for yourself. That's good enough. All the other stuff is about trying to control your imagination and fears, and stop them getting on top of you and controlling your actions. You should feel good about the fact that you are dealing with monster like CRPS with so little meds in order to safeguard your baby and look after your son. That's an amazing sacrifice

Take care of yourself and try to feel proud of what you are doing here. Give yourself a little pat on the back and say well done me, hang in there and keep going...

Hope it didn't sound too patronising lol! But yes, I know what you mean. And it's rough when you feel so frustrated and scared. Do you have reins for your son so he can't run off? They were fab when mine were small - you don't see them so often now, but I haven't a clue why!

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote