View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I have a friend in Missouri, who turned in his lazy relative. Claimed to be disabled in that state and got away with it. He is healthy enough to drink beer all day and sit on the couch. My friend never understood why he got the disability to begin with. I see many people being denied, when they truly need the help. I don't know how people scam the system, but it does happen. Wish the programs were fair to all, easier for those than need the help yesterday....
ginnie
It's not anyone's business why a person is receiving SSI or SSDI--including a person's relatives. Are there people that are receiving benefits that shouldn't? Yes. But, it's a slippery slope when you start relating these type of third party stories. How would you feel if a friend of one of your relatives was posting online about you? Or if a neighbor or acquaintance was talking about you locally? Questioning how you spend your time and if you're really disabled?

Watching tv and drinking beer is not illegal, btw.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
annhere (02-20-2015), echoes long ago (09-14-2013), Eight (09-27-2015), finz (09-16-2013), jrctherake (09-14-2013), Mz Migraine (09-16-2013)