View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucre View Post
hi I started getting intense acute pain in my tooth five days ago. the tooth had a recent filling about 2 months ago. I went to the dentist on day 2 and was told I had an infection and was given a five day antibiotic and an appointment for a root canal. on day 4 I woke up with a swollen cheek and numbness around my lower lip and general area of mouth that has infection. I went back to dentist and he opened tooth up took out the nerves and left it open and gave me additional one day antiobiotic. This procedure definitely helped with the pain but its been one day since and I still have the swelling and numbness. im scared of what ive read about that. Should I be worried? Should I go the er? can the infection spread or should I wait and let the antibiotics take effect?
what tooth is it? also, if the swelling gets so bad that is it affecting your tongue, mouth, airway, you need to seek help immediately. Bryanna is the expert, hopefully she'll answer you soon....and hopefully your swelling goes away.
mommy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote