View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Hi Heathery

Just weighing in to add prayer to the situation.

So glad experienced expert care is the step dealt to your mother. I hope she receives it well and will learn and grow. My own mother uses the threat of self harm very much as a worn tool of manipulation. She rankled greatly when I told her it was inappropriate to tell one of our children she was contemplating in such a way as to manipulate him into feeling responsible for her.....to run to her beckon call. She so disliked my telling her she needs the therapy I recommended to her that she disowned me for being one who would dare try to hold her accountable for her own choices, her own words, her own path to joy.

So, we do our best, and we move forward. I pray mightily your own mother will see there is great benefit to discovering the foundation of her terrible emotional turmoil. In this there can be healing of the spirit. She can lift up beyond this morass. I know, for I am a survivor myself. It worked for me.

HUGZ in the highest,
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-15-2013), barbo (09-16-2013), eva5667faliure (09-15-2013), heathery (09-15-2013)