View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Fine line to walk

I have been talked about by friends and relatives my entire life. Why? Because my issues are not ALWAYS seen. They come and go like the wind at times.

If I was judged by the ssa only on one of my good days I would lose my benefits in a split second.

On the other hand since I go to a doctor/therapist on a regular basis they have a chance to see me on my good days (I love those days), my not so great days (can live with them but its tough) and my very bad days (would not wish these days on my worst enemy).

We disabled people seem to do one thing alike and that is on our VERY BAD DAYS...........we usually stay to ourselves were nobody sees us.

On the other hand, on our good days (far and few between at times) we sometimes like to get out (after all we are disabled not prisoners) and enjoy what life we can. Whether it be walking around the block in our neighborhood, at the park or even take a day trip to a nearby city to shop or something.

For some reason most people think that if a person is disabled they should just curl up, give up and wait to die.

Well, not me. Even at the risk of losing my benefits I WILL enjoy life when I can. After all we only get one life to live no matter what issues we have.

I for one HATE the stamp we disabled are given in society in general.

We are still human beings that have feelings and desires even if those feelings and desires are altered most of the time.

Rake
jrctherake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (09-15-2013), Eight (09-27-2015), finz (09-17-2013), granny k (09-15-2013), Mz Migraine (09-16-2013)