View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 11:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is there any correlation between Concussions and ADHD?

I have had 3 grade 3 concussions, that I can recall, as well as some others where I was not knocked out(to my knowledge). Two of these I received while playing football, within a matter of weeks of each other(about 3 weeks or less apart). The 3rd, and most recent was 2 years ago and I was out cold for a couple of minutes and went to the hospital almost a week later still presenting symptoms such as confusion/headaches.

I have always suspected I might have had some form of learning disability(such as ADHD or dylexia) but never really paid much attention to it. However the past few years, I have noticed it more and now doing research on it. I met with my doctor about it and most of the symptoms of ADHD I notice on a regular basis and the rest at least sometimes. I'm not sure if it may just be because I am more aware or that the symptoms of ADHD are occuring more often and more noticeable times.

A side from the ADHD related issues, I find I have a tougher time thinking of words or will not clearly pronounce some words(especially towards the end of the sentence or statement).

I am 26 years old, male and played football for about 7 years in total, offensive/defensive line and some fullback, so I took my share of poundings.

I would like to know if there has been any research done to see if there is a link between these two disorders and if there is anyway to find out if the two are linked. If so is there any hope that these effects can be reversed or improved?

Thanks, and any help/links is much appreciated.

AJ
bearhawk57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote