View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 11:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.pacino41 View Post
Hello everybody. My age is 26 and 4 years ago, during a stupid dunk brawl I got hit on the back of my head by a stone very hardly.(I am not that bad guy but unfortunately got involved ) Did not lose consciousness. There was cut in scalp and two stitches were done and no skull fracture. There was a bump which lasted for almost 4 months and gradually reduced to normalcy. From then on, Whenever any slight pressure is applied on back of my head like while sleeping, or when i lay back watching TV and also if i RUN or exercize i get CONFUSION and DIZZINESS (but no Head ACHE) It lasts for ONE or TWO days and then I will be normal again. Although it is getting improved and not as bad as it was initially but its 4 years and still i am not 100% . Last year I went for CT scan and doctor told everything is fine and gave Aceclofenac tablets for dizziness. Now I am not getting DIZZINESS frequently but I am still having trouble. I am a software engineer and feeling very hard and troublesome during those ON days. I never sleep on back of my head since It triggers DIZZINESS and CONFUSION, I can sleep only sideways due to which I am getting Chest pain. I am really depressed living like this. Still how many years I may have to live like this?? anyone with similar experience please suggest something...THANKS FOR READING MY PAIN....
What scans did you have at the time of the incident? Perhaps you have a nerve that might have been pinched, or moved even so slightly, and is being affected by increased inter-cranial pressure that occurs during exercise or when lying on the back of your head. I would definitely recommend seeing a physician and get scans done be sure to request they be compared to the original scans(if you had any). Or quite possibly and maybe more likely, you have a build up of scar tissue. The Occipital Lobe is the portion of the brain at the rear, and is responsible for visual processing. What could be happening is you are becoming dizzy because this is affected and the confusion could be due to the inability to accurately see your surroundings(common with some people who have eye problems). These are the main things this lobe performs, local orientation, spatial-frequency and colors.

During these times, do you have any problems with depth perception or distinguishing colors? For instance, before running your shirt is bright red but during/after it is more of a lighter shade or faded or any other difference(other than that caused by sweat)?
bearhawk57 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote