View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 10 days after wisdom teeth being pulled

It's been about 10 days since I had 4 wisdom teeth, plus one more that a wisdom teeth was pushing on removed.

Now I've been feeling what I can best describe as inflammation around my jaw, I can feel it swollen when I touch my face and it's clearly visible to others who look at it..

I've been rinsing with warm saltwater probably 10 times a day every day, especially after I eat. Is it normal for my jaw to be like this 10 days after having teeth removed? It hurts all through out the day constantly... but when I go to lay down for the night, that's when I can really feel it start to hurt more and it's really preventing me from sleeping good... even with taking two ibuprofen before going to sleep, yes it hurts that bad.. Where the teeth have been removed no longer hurt unless I get something very temperature sensitive in there... for example I had a glass of mountain dew with ice and some of it found it's way where they pulled the tooth... excruciating pain until I finally had time to alleviate some of it by washing out my mouth.

How much longer should I expect this jaw pain & what tips can you provide to me to help cope with it?
vgchat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote