View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 11:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default will this go on for the rest of my life?

Hi, have not posted in some tome. Many events in the last year, for a brief refresher... I am a forty eight year old male that has suffered approx 10-12 concussions starting in my early teens through last year. Have suffered depression starting in my teens. In 2006 I suffered a severe concussion and was out fore several minutes. Since then I have experienced a good amount of cognitive decline, memory loss, suicidal thoughts, severe chronic depression, frequent headaches, poor sleep , sensitivity to light and noise etc. I have lost several jobs since hen including this past summer. Last summer I went down on my motorcycle and got another concussion and fractured my collar bone.

My marriage is struggling as my wife is having problems dealing with all this We have five children still at home. I prefer to isolate myself in my barn, and to sit outside myself by the fire.I am on Emsam, gabapentin. nothing has really helped including counseling. My depression is at most times around 7-8 0n a scale of 10. Hypersexuality, lack of apathy for anyone, agitation....

don't know where to turn....
oldschool is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote