View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 03:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm so sorry you had such a dreadful experience, but I think you should be pretty proud of yourself.

You cannot say no to everything new - if you do, you'll be so afraid of venturing out that you'll end up virtually housebound and your ability to deal with potential situations will decrease as well. You'd never have any fun . I know you have to temper that desire to still enjoy life with realistic thinking for each event about the potential risks for you, but don't let this put you off. I think the timing was maybe wrong, and as you say, the parking thing was a big issue that you hadn't realised - but those are mistakes anyone could (and would!) make, so don't beat yourself about it too much

I hope you'll be well enough (and your town will be a safer place) for you to reconsider your blues evening with your friends. Sounds like that might be just the thing to make you feel good about yourself again after this - after all, all the parts of that plan are known to you, and you will be with people who know you and what you are dealing with. I hope you can go

I think you were really brave to try this concert given all the circumstances, and I understand your feeling of social obligation. Ok it wasn't worth the effort in the end, cost you a fortune and stressed you out....but it just might have been great. At least you gave it a go girl - well done!

Take care of yourself for a few days and hopefully you will not be worse off for the experience.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (09-16-2013), Vrae (09-16-2013)