View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Diana:

Thanks for the link. I will certainly look into it. As of this morning, THANK GOD, my neuropathy is still not symptomatic AND I DO BELIEVE IT'S BECAUSE I TAKE 5000 mcgs OF METHYL B-12.

Glenn: You are so right: You said: "I'm willing to bet a good number of the people in the room had not heard of Braintalk or Neurotalk or Rose or Cara or Mrs. D or David or Bob or Liza Jane or many of the other people who have set up websites or boards or become experts in so many areas. If they do know, or now know thanks to you, they will have greatly multiplied their support networks and become much more knowledgable about causes, treatments, supplements . . ."

Do you know how many people wrote down the website url to Neurotalk. I made sure I let them know about resources on the internet.
But..... many of thse people were over the age of 70. One or two had computers in their homes but never went on the internet.

There was a dear older lady (she kept saying, "no one is letting me finish a conversation"." Because everybody had such information to share, we were all so excited, everybody was jumping in.

I told her. "if you have a computer at home, there is no reason why you can't go on the internet." She said 'but I'm old". I said 'so am I, I'm almost 60, and I don't plan on changing anything even when I'm 100". One guy burst out laughing. I told her "there is so much information on the internet and you won't find a better group of people than the people I met on the neuropathy message boards, they know the LATEST information". (Glenn, we need you at the next meeting, and I'll post when it is).

I told them, "I found Dr. Theirl on the message boards, I never even heard of a chiropractor/neurologist until I went on the boards". You should have seen everybody writing down Dr. Scott Theirl at Functional Restoration. Alan gave out Dr. Theirl's card and they were all writing it down.

Everybody there brought note paper and pencils. There were people approaching 80 and they refuse to use a "scooter" or a "hover round". They want to walk. The important thing is to walk heel first and then toe".

As a matter of fact, Alan and I just spent an hour over coffee in Dunkin Donuts (we have our own little place on the upper level) and I was showing Alan what the guy showed us about how to walk in the street when you have a balance problems. Most of the people there with CIDP have balance problems and they need shoes with BIG TOE GAPS. I didn't know what a BIG TOE GAP was until I went to this meeting. Most of the guys wore size 13 5E. It's amazing the similarities in people.

The diabetics there all had to lose weight. They were also in programs like the one I am in at Cornell.

I must say, I am definitely looking forward to the next one.

AND SO ARE THEY, THEY LIKED MY BLUEBERRY, MAPLE FLAVORED MUFFINS.
One guy said "no more muffins???" I laughed my head off.

I mean, how can there be so much pain, and yet we had room to laugh.

I think we all helped each other.

IF I remember anything else that happened at the meeting, I'll put it here.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote