View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 12:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrail11 View Post
Sorry to hear of your continued struggles. It doesn’t sound as if the Emsam is really doing the trick for you.

I'd revisit your current recovery program from end to end. If you haven’t had a recent assessment from a clinical neuropsychologist I’d suggest that as a starting point, or a psychiatrist that has experience with PCS patients. They may want to try a different anti-depressant.

While quiet rest is important, and five kids plus the spouse may make this a challenge, I’m left wondering if the isolating is contributing to the depression. I’d look at the balance between your alone time and time with the family. This is an area where a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist may be of help. I’d also suggest mindfulness meditation in your alone time; rumination about things that aren’t positive may be contributing to your depression.

In what part of Indiana do you live? The clinical neuropsychologist who worked with me after my TBI is now in the Indianapolis area. If you are close to there and would like her name send me a PM and I’ll send her contact information.

Best to you as you recover.
Thank you, The Emsam has worked better then anything but that isnt saying much. Had two assessments with neuro clinic. I was not pleased with them. Right off the bat they really just ignored my concussion history and focused on the depression. had psych evaluation and saw the md guy who is a complete ***. I ignored anything I said, felt belittled by him. Felt like he thought I was faking symptoms. That was about 3-4 years ago.

Absolutely cant stand any noise levels or more than one person talking at a time. Makes my brain feel like it is going to explode. Recently had a hearing test. Mild hearing loss in left ear, some in right. hey also tested my noise toleration level and it is just above normal volume levels.

I am drawn to isolate, dont know why. Dont like to talk in person or on the phone at all. I live about 90 miles from Indy so a name would be great. The clinic in Fort Wayne has no knowledge of repeated head trauma.
oldschool is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote