View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Welcome!

Hi mopo!

I woke from surgery (back surgery) with CRPS II symptoms raging! I could not even tolerate a sheet on my foot, had to learn to walk again, etc. It was really bad. After a couple of years I was able to step down from pain meds, leaving only Gabapentin and my drug of choice ibuprofen. Later, maybe three or four years in, I quit taking the gaba, and got by on only ibu. I managed okay but occasionally had breakthrough pain that would require bigger gun pain meds for a short period of time. I guess it was two or three years ago that the pain came back with a vengeance. Not just crazy high neuropathic pain levels but new symptoms like crushing bone pain, tremors and jerks, etc. I’m back on gaba, and muscle relaxers, pain meds PRN, and the list goes on. I'm now at year 10 with this.

My point is that Lit Love might be right that the meds you’ve been on have had your symptoms under good control and that’s a beautiful thing. Or.. it could be too that your symptoms have lessened somewhat, or what Nanc said that your symptoms can change and certainly fluctuate.

To echo AZ-Di; If you back off the meds your body will tell you if you need them or not. So if you’re willing to humor this doc or just want to find out for yourself, then perhaps follow his advice while you still have backup meds incase he’s wrong; to ramp back up while you seek a new physician or work another option.

Zookester is right on (among other things stated) with all of us feeling a bit crazy from time to time! I am beginning to believe that I am certifiable! lol

And Bram, well I just hired her as my personal counselor (see my recent post “I’m getting too told for this"). So I would listen to any advice she offers. (please laugh with me Bram). Seriously though, she's a great gal with some great advice.

Okay I’ll quit, just trying to be on a lighter note today. I know what you’re dealing with mopo are some tough choices about how to proceed. I really hope that everything pans out well for you hon! Hang in there! You’ve found a terrific group of folks here! You’re in good company.
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (09-17-2013)