Thread: sex and pcs
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default sex and pcs

my partner of 4 1/2 years sustained a concussion 16 months ago. he has post concussion syndrome and is still very affected by symptons. he is 41 and this was his 6th concussion. he is not working and is not sure what type of work he can do now. he takes wellbutrin and ritalin (as needed). he tested negative for a testerone imbalance. he sees a therapist, rests a lot, eats well and exercises daily. we've been in couples therapy for 4 months.

despite slowly getting better in most areas of his life (memory, motor function, fatigue), he's lost his desire for sex and it hasn't come back at all. while he is fully functional physically and able to feel emotions (again), including romantic love, he does not desire sexual contact. even something as basic as a hand massage never takes him beyond the immediate touch on his hand. we've tried to get the ball rolling in a number of ways, but he's just not into it.

is this something that can return? i'd love to hear anyone's personal experience with this side of the injury.

we are not married and do not have kids. i love him but and at a crossroads in terms of the future.

thank you.
peppersandeggs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote