10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another 2-hour glucose test!!!

I had another 2-hour glucose test last month. the results are as follows:

Glucose, fasting 79
glucose, 1/2 hour 154
glucose, 1 hour 136
glucose, 2 hour 72

The results look the same as my first one last year. As expected, my endocrinologist has declared me to be "essentially normal". I would have been happy with these numbers. But my problem is the post-prandial numbers. I take my home testing seriously. I eat breakfast exactly the same thing, same measurements and alternate it with and without exercise. One morning, everything was normal, the 1 hour post prandial went up to only 136 and on the 2nd hour went down to 91. Another morning, the 1 hour post prandial was 192 and the 2nd hour was 126. This trend goes on several days. I take down everything that I eat, calories and carbs., time and medicines/supplements, activities.

In the morning, my sugar goes down as quickly as it goes down but at dinner time, the numbers are up until the 3rd hour. I am still in the process of experimenting my lunch and dinner foods finding the kind of food that spikes my sugar most.

What makes this whole thing frustrating is I am steadily losing weight. My pulmonologist strongly suggested that i should gain weight but how can I gain weight if whatever i put in my mouth spikes my sugar? I dont want this blood sugar to get out of hand because I already have Neuropathy. My appetite is good, in fact, I want to eat more but I control it. I am obsessed that I measure all my food to be balanced and yet diabetic friendly. Sometimes, i think maybe, I am too uptight in observing my food intake but when I become less vigilant, my sugar goes even higher. I am confused and becoming frustrated.

Mary
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote