View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The pump has to be filled to max to protect it at the lower depths. Both my husband and the HBOT treatment center contacted Medtronic, with the same response of refill every 2 weeks. It is also noted in my user guide. BTW There is an 8, 000 ft limit on the upper atmosphere too. There is not an issue when in a pressurized cabin (most commercial flights travel at 20,000-30,000 feet). I did have an issue when my daughter lived in the Colorado mountains (still does) above 8,000 and 10,000 ft. We worked it out. I stayed in her cabin at 8,7??. and drove into Telluride for visits.

Darrell is paying out of pocket for my treatments at this point. The HBOT treatments are off-label (not approved by the FDA). So, the pump refills every two weeks are also out of pocket. The cost is outrageous. Well, we will see .... I do believe my sores are starting to heal. They look better. I also feel better with my average pain level running 6.5 to 7. I did have one bad 9 day in there (still updating my diary), but the HBOT brought it right back down to a 7 the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASKA MIKE View Post
I have not heard of anyone getting their pump refilled every 2weeks while diving HBOT. Do you mind me asking why they have you do that? Did you have to fight with insurance to do that?

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment for CRPS type II-image-jpg  
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote