Thread: Success story
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 11:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Success story

Hi everyone,

A story to help those suffering from PCS.

To make a long story short, I was on the receiving end of a few mild concussions early this January-February in boxing sparring. No loss of consciousness, blurry vision, nausea or anything like that, just slow processing of information for the period after the injury. It eventually developed into post concussion syndrome and I was pretty sensitive to vibrations for a little while. (like two months). I also became very sensitive to sound and would get a headache if I heard too many banging noises.

I have since then recovered pretty well. The sound sensitivity has mostly disappeared and I can work a mentally intensive job for 10 hours a day without any symptoms. Exercise-wise, I can begin return to high impact things like jump-roping for a few minutes and running. I can lift weights at my maximum.

So hang in there! The pain does end!

I'm contemplating on returning to non-checking hockey in 3 years time when I give my brain enough time to heal. In the mean time, I'm super careful not to hit my head on anything. I'm even avoiding driving frequently on highways because I don't want to get into a car accident.
JohnZ622 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (09-18-2013)