View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 12:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Need a shoulder to cry on!

Sorry guys, I'm just venting, I don't expect anyone to fix anything. My emotions got the better of me right now and I know you are the only ones who can relate.
I get nerve blocks in my neck for my CRPS arm and hand about every 2 weeks and I have to be sedated so I need a driver.
Last week my older son took me because my husband was just too slammed at work. Well, he didn't really have time for me either, He kept pacing around the room saying how weird he felt not working mid-day. He just opened his own firm & only a few clients so far. I FELT LIKE SUCH A BURDEN! If you knew me you'd know that's the last thing I ever want to be.
Now because my P.M. Dr. will be out of town for 2 wks. & she really pushed for me to get one this week as well. I already tried to cancel, but the office staff told me that the Dr. had notes to keep my slot no matter what.
My husband says "why do you need one this week" when I already told him all of the above.
He says "I can take you if I have to, but please try to cancel again tomorrow." My son already gave him a break last week. Then he orders me not to get upset because then he'll get mad and won't be able to sleep.
Now here's the rant:
I thought everyone in my family understood that this is a chronic disease, no cures only treatment options.
Now it feels like they think "OMG can you be well already, this is such a drag!"

I ALWAYS SWORE I WOULD NEVER EVER BE A BURDEN! I'VE ALWAYS TAKEN CARE OF EVERYONE ELSE!
I STILL DO TAKE CARE OF ALMOST EVERYTHING - I JUST NEED A DRIVER!

What is this the support that's promised just becomes too hard?
I'm sure some of you have felt this. Part of me just wants to give up say He** with it all, give up all treatment.
I guess if I can't always be the happy, happy, joy, joy chearleader of the family I can just feel worthless now.
AZ-Di is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote