View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 05:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I forgot your balance issues. For this you need to see an otologist. However, I would suggest trying to get the other stuff sorted out a bit first. An otologist is liable to give you advice like being more active to challenge your balance and give you exercises that might be the opposite to other recommendations, like resting. It sounds as though the balance is not your main problem so perhaps you need to recover a bit before tackling that. The brain does adapt to messed up balance to some extent. I found that my walking was messed up. For four years it seemed as though I could not walk in a straight line. However, after four years the brain seems to have adapted and now it seems that I do walk in a straight line. Four years is a long wait, I know. CS
2007 rear end collision at high speed on the motorway; PCS - main problems are pain in the head and fatigue; tried pregabalin,amitriptyline and HBOT possibly with some slight success; also tried LENS neurotherapy, acupuncture, sacro-cranial therapy, topiramate and manipulative physiotherapy, all with little or no success. Over the years all symptoms have become milder but have not disappeared.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (09-19-2013)