View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 07:00 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Thanks bryanna

I called the dentist and now they are seeing me tomorrow Thursday to take the tooth out. I live in the uk so unfortunately under the nhs I cant ask to be sent to an oral surgeon unless the dentist refers me. also I wont be covered for an implant or bridge work because there is a huge gap. the tooth coming out is my second molar from the far right on the bottom

anything you think I should request he do during the extraction to better treat the infection?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi sucre,

Yes, I believe that is too long to wait. Is this dentist an oral surgeon?? If not, it may be best to see an oral surgeon given the history of this tooth, the infection and the numbness you are experiencing. The antibiotics have temporarily subsided the swelling but that will not last long.

Your dental problem would be considered significant and really requires attention. Your dentist should not be taking a lackadaisical attitude with this.

Can you call your general dentist and ask for a referral to an oral surgeon? They can tell you who they routinely refer to. I think that would be your best bet.

Bryanna

[/QUOTE]
sucre is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote