View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to hear you are going through all this. One of the things that completely messes me up -- even after almost 10 years -- is being in a constant state of flight-flight. Adrenaline running all the time fries my system. It makes me dizzy, it fogs my head, it heightens all my light and sound and touch sensitivities, and it literally makes me ill. I have found a lot of relief in relaxation techniques as well as controlled breathing exercises which regulate my heart rate and also get me out of fight-flight mode -- which I was in, for years before I realized what was up with me.

Above all, don't quit. You have plenty of years ahead of you -- and a lot of good years, at that. This takes time. The main thing is to relax, learn to find the humor in things, and learn how to manage your symptoms.

For me, they never go away 100%, but they are very manageable -- and they also keep me honest. They make it very clear, when I am overdoing it, and I need to take a break.

It took me a while to learn how to manage, but I'm on the good foot now. Take care of yourself and be your own best friend. And don't take it personally when people don't understand your symptoms and experience.

Very few people do, unless they've been there, themself.

Stay strong.
brokenbrilliant is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (09-19-2013)