View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 09:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Are you eating fats? Using good fats (fatty fish, olive oil, flax), will slow the stomach emptying, and even out some of the highs.

Try eating a larger protein filled meal at lunch... say at 1pm... and a smaller dinner. A protein filled breakfast with lean meat and eggs, will help too.

The liver has a big job in controlling blood sugar. It may be a factor for you, with the medications you take.

If you are not overly thirsty, or urinating alot, I wouldn't worry too much. Alot of factors go into becoming type II diabetes, and if your pancreas is giving up, nothing you can do about that.
Just keep an eye on things.
Yes Mrs.D, i eat at least 3x a week of salmon. I could eat more of it but I try to minimize it -- I buy the farmed raised salmon -- trying to temper the overly hormones and antibiotics fed fish but on the other hand, I dont want to eat the wild caught either because of the mercury laden salmon. tks! tsk! I dont know which is the lesser evil. I use olive oil in my cooking but admittedly, I use my ground flaxseed rarely.

Okay, i eat same breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries and a 1/2 banana and I alternate this with egg omelet (2 white eggs with some veggies and cheese). I sometimes put a ham, but i think I should add this on a regular basis. we eat breakfast out at least 2x a week.

I am not thirsty, in fact i have to force myself to drink. BUT, I pee A LOT! I attribute this to a dignosis of overactive bladder years back. Though, it has been corrected but I guess not completely. But who knows Mrs.D, my body is tooo busy.

How do i know that the pancreas giving up? Is there a test to determine that or we know it when when its showing on the BS?

Thank you Mrs.D

Mary
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote