View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 02:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been on Mestinon for about 13 years and for me, the worst side affect are the gastro. Mestinon is usually taken as 60 mg about each 4-6 hours but can be taken closer together if you and your doctor agree. Also, you can split the dosage and take 30 mg every 2-3 hours. If you take too much mestinon, the side affects are muscle twitching, possible drooling and eye twitch. However, mestinon wears off quickly and the symptoms should be gone within 2-3 hours.

As I said, the gastro side affects are the worst for me and they are usually cramping, loose stools and possible uncontrollable diarrhea.

If you can think of the mestinon as speeding up your muscles and think of the side affects that might have, you have the side affects from mestinon. However, without the mestinon, I have no quality of life because my muscles hardly work at all. I have worked out what works best for me and I have very few side affects.

You do have to work closely with your doc until you get the proper dosage for you because everyone can handle it differently.

Good luck and I hope it works for you.
Juanitad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote